First and foremost, Ieperfest Winter 2014 (edition #6) is coming up this Saturday, 1 March! There’s still a bunch of tickets left so don’t hesitate to come over, hang out and watch TOXIC HOLOCAUST, NO TURNING BACK, EXHUMED, A WILHELM SCREAM and many others. Check the schedulein case you haven’t done so yet. Ow yeah, and the bandcamp page. Tickets are on sale online until Saturday morning.
A week ago we announced that we will be adding a brand new small and cosy stage to our festival this year. This means we will be having 84 bandsplaying the festival instead of the 64 that played the past few years. We’ve announced 51 of them already, and today we are adding another 21 bands to the line-up. 72 down, 12 to go! Ready? Here goes:
- ANTIDOTE NYHC (US) // Early NYHC band playing fastforward hardcore, and being cited as a major influence for Belgian heroes DEAD STOP (RIP). Their 1983 self-released EP “Thou Shalt Not Kill” is an instant classic. Playing in Europe for the very first time, just 3 shows in total.
- BANE (US) // Glad to have this Worcester, Massachusetts 5-piece back for their third performance in eight years. Expect melodic hardcore straight from the heart. For fans of HAVE HEART, VERSE, CHAMPION etc.
- CHURCH OF MISERY (JP) // For those of you who didn’t catch this Tokyo doom rock act on tour with MONSTER MAGNET earlier on this year, here’s your chance! Strongly influenced by early 70s bands like BLACK SABBATH - they refer to their distinctive sound as “Sabbath Rock” – they will hit Ieperfest for the very first time.
- COLD WORLD (US) // One of the most talked about HC bands of the last decade. Their spring show in Antwerp sold out in no time. This summer they will be back for an exclusive show at Ieperfest presenting their brand new record due out later this year on Deathwish Inc. Stoked?! We surely are!
- DEPTHS (BE) // Following the road to wherever it may lead them, this upcoming Eeklo based band promises to hit hard this summer. Their slightly metal influenced post hardcore will surely appeal to fans of TOUCHE AMORE, PIANOS BECOME THE TEETH and the like.
- DEVIL IN ME (PT) // Portuguese melodic hardcore 5-piece supposed to make their Ieperfest debut last year already, but unfortunately that never happened. Here’s another chance for them, this time around on the road with DEEZ NUTS. For fans of STICK TO YOUR GUNS and COMEBACK KID.
- DYS (US) // Formed at ground zero of Boston’s tough as nails straight edge hardcore scene, DYS rose out of SS DECONTROL’s Boston Crew, going on to help establish the city as a center of the movement along with NEGATIVE FX and LAST RIGHTS. They had to pull out last minute last year, so here’s their chance to make things up for the Ieperfest crowd.
- EXPIRE (US) // Hard hitting upcoming Milwaukee HC act on Bridge 9 records. With a few very successful tours under their belt to date, they will be back this summer supporting another major hardcore act whose name is yet to be announced, ha!
- GORILLA BISCUITS (US) // Let’s Start Today. Classic melodic singalong hardcore by this highly influential Revelation hardcore act; nothing but hits. Exclusive European performance for 2014. Be there or regret for ever!
- GRAND MAGUS (SE) // The 2014 released album “Triumph And Power” is another proof of what we told two years ago already: this Stockholm based 3-piece that has been going since 1996, truely are the new kings of Swedish heavy metal. Any fan of CANDLEMASS, BLACK SABBATH or Thor’s hammer will acknowledge this and be present to bang their heads hard for the band’s second Ieperfest performance. Yeah.
- HERDER (NL) // Relentless pounding stoner doom with a distinct sludgy vibe to it. Fronted by no one less than Ché Snelting of BORN FROM PAIN fame, one of the very best frontmen Europe has seen this last decade. HERDER is harder and you will fucking know it!
- KISS THE ANUS OF A BLACK CAT (BE) // 80s inspired electronic/wave synth-rock sound with indie rock, noise pop and shoegazing elements. Definitely one of the more interesting and original bands to hit our stage this year.
- MARTYRDÖD (SE) // Crusty Swedes that have been around since 2001. Their sound can be described as a mixture of death, black and d-beat punk. The infamous Southern Lord label released their latest full-length.
- MORNING AGAIN (US) // Exclusive 2014 performance! These 90’s Florida metalcore giants will be playing songs from the Hand of Hope/Cleanest War records only, with Damien singing for the first time in Europe. Ever. Exclusive. Unique. Must See.
- MUSTH (BE) // Hageland’s respons to AMENRA, PELICAN and ISIS. ‘MUSTH rocks your world, burns your eyes and crushes your heart. Hardcore for the pussies, postrock for the smartasses, sweetmodderfokkin’ rocknroll for the johnnys, metal for the mothers. MUSTH is MUSTH.’
- OLD FIRM CASUALS (US) // Street punk/oi! band hailing from San Francisco, California featuring Lars Frederiksen of RANCID fame on guitar/vocals. Come and singalong!
- RINGWORM (US) // Cleveland metallic hardcore champions carrying on their legacy of dark, vicious music with bleak lyrics and a metal crunch. HC in the classic Clevo style keeping their own niche, thanks in part to Human Furnace’s signature vocal style. Been trying to have these guys for years so glad we finally managed to do so. Only 3 European shows scheduled this year!
- STRENGTH APPROACH (IT) // Straight forward Roma hardcore act that has been around since 1996. We’ve had ‘em at Ieperfest a few times already and it’s always a party when they are around. On tour with ANTIDOTE NYHC.
- TERRORIZER (US) // Apocalyptic brutal grindcore band that amazed friend and foe with their genre-defining debut album, “World Downfall” (Earache) back in 1989. Coming over for just 2 exclusive shows this summer. Founding member and legendary drummer Pete Sandoval (ex-MORBID ANGEL) will be joined by Lee Harrison (MONSTROSITY) on guitar and Sam Molina on bass and vocals. Expect a ruthless, hard as nails performance that will send shivers down your spine for weeks to come!
- TOXIC SHOCK (BE) // Hard working thrash/hardcore/crossover act straight out of Aantwaarp. Been trying to squeeze these guys in for a while so glad it finally works out.
- WAR OF AGES (US) // Furious Erie, Pennsylvania metalcore outfit touring Europe yet again, presenting their 2014 album on Facedown records. First time ever at Ieperfest.
We’ll be selling early bird weekend tickets for 89 Euro (camping included) until Wednesday 30 April. 89 Euro for 84 bands, pretty sweet deal if you ask us! Starting Thursday 1 May, prices will go up, so don’t hesitate and get your tickets now.
More news will follow soon, so stay tuned!
This is a bunny at a L’oreal lab. L’oreal does a lot of cruel needless animal testing. Please don’t buy products made by L’oreal. The more products they sell, the more animals are tortured.
Friendly reminder that The Body Shop and Urban Decay, both who prided themselves on never animal testing, have been bought up by L’oreal.
I guarantee at least 80% of you will continue to buy from these companies.
Ieper Winterfest 2014 band of the day // OATHBREAKER (BE) //
One of Belgium’s modern day hardcore flagships. Touring relentlessly since the release of their “Eros|Anteros” album on Deathwish Inc. Yet another H8000 area act.